No products in the cart.
RADIESSE® VOLUMIZING FILLER
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is an injectable filler that works by immediately restoring facial volume to smooth out the signs of aging. Once injected, it works with your body to stimulate the production of your own natural collagen for results that may last a year or more in many patients.
What is the difference between RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler and others?
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler has the unique ability to both immediately restore lost volume and stimulate your body to produce its own natural collagen for long-lasting results.
How does it work?
Once injected, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler does exactly as it says: it fills or replenishes volume lost over time for a more refreshed looking you. Then it goes to work by stimulating your body to produce its own natural collagen.1 Over time, your body absorbs the product and leaves behind only your own natural collagen for long-lasting results.
How soon can I expect results?
Instantly! Immediately upon injection, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging.
How long does it last?
Not only does RADIESSE Volumizing Filler provide immediate correction, the natural, beautiful results may last a year or more in many patients.
How much does it cost?
That is the best part about RADIESSE Volumizing Filler – it is affordable! Because of multiple syringe sizes, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler can treat a broad range of patients based on their individual needs. Just one syringe can provide full correction! During a consultation, your healthcare provider will be able to determine what syringe size is best for you and provide you with a customized cost estimate.
Does it hurt?
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine (an anesthetic). That means you can experience a more comfortable wrinkle treatment. In fact, in a clinical study, using RADIESSE Volumizing Filler mixed with lidocaine significantly reduced pain in 90% of patients treated.
What is it made of?
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres which are suspended in a natural, water-based gel. These calcium based microspheres are similar to minerals that are found naturally in your body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, your body absorbs these tiny microspheres and the gel and leaves behind only your own natural collagen.
How is the treatment performed?
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is injected into the skin in a simple, safe, quick procedure that can even be done over your lunch hour. RADIESSE Volumizing Filler injections are more comfortable because it has been FDA approved for mixing with lidocaine, a kind of anesthetic.
Is it safe?
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is FDA approved, and has undergone rigorous testing in clinical studies to prove its safety. As with all filler treatments, patients may experience redness, bruising, swelling or other local side effects. Most side effects of treatment resolve within a few days. More rare side effects may include swelling that lasts longer, unevenness or firmness in the area injected, and as with any injection, there may be a risk of infection.
Are there any side effects?
Just like any injection, you may experience mild irritation, swelling, itching, redness, bruising or tenderness at the injection site. These typically resolve on their own. If any of these side effects persist, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
How long is the recovery time?
There is very little to no down-time involved in a RADIESSE Volumizing Filler procedure. In fact, most patients return to their normal, daily activities right after their visit. Every patient is unique, so be sure to discuss your plans with a healthcare provider.
- Immediately after the treatment, the most commonly reported side effects were bruising, temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. Although these effects typically improve within two to three days, it may take up to 1 to 2 weeks to completely resolve. If you think you are having a problem after 2 to 3 days or if other reactions occur, please call the office at (626) 593-5993.
- Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- It is normal to feel firmness at your injection site for the first few days after treatment.
- Over time, the area will soften leaving you a natural looking result. You may also experience mild to moderate stinging or aching sensations after the injection.
- Tenderness at the treatment site is normal for the first few days.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol for 6 hours after treatment.
- Avoid pressure on the treated area for 6 hours after treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water but do not scrub or use exfoliants. Makeup also may be used. Apply it gently, avoiding strenuous rubbing of the injection area.
- Until the initial redness and swelling have resolved, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sun bathing).
- If you have recently suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another recurrence. Speak to the doctor about medications that may prevent a recurrence.
- To ensure even distribution the treated areas will be massaged. This may cause a temporary minimal to moderate amount of skin redness.